Happy Wednesday, everyone! I always get thrown off with short weeks; but tomorrow is my Friday because I’m going to the CrossFit Northeast Regionals this weekend and I can’t wait to watch my team kick some serious CrossFit ass!! :) Plus – I mean, ALL THE MUSCLES.
In other news, In a Nutshell Nutrition was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Meredith at FitNiceRunner! I truly appreciate being nominated and this award is so much fun :) Meredith is a ACSM certified personal trainer and a USA Track & Field Level 1 coach. She has this amazing goal of completing 50 marathons in 50 states – can you believe it?!? I can’t wait to follow her on that journey.
So here’s the deal! The Liebster Blog Award‘s history is a little fuzzy. I think it’s kind of morphed over time, but here’s what I could find – basically a blogger nominates another blogger who has 200 or less followers. It’s essentially to help someone’s readership grow and it’s a nice “You have a nice little blog over there! Here’s an award!”
There are rules to the award & you need to pay it forward:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
First thing’s first. Here are Meredith’s questions for me!
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is probably connecting with different people! I’ve met a ton of people via Twitter, Sweat Pink and blogging that I wouldn’t have otherwise. It’s nice that bloggers have their own little community of support :)
2. Name one thing you can’t hit the gym without and explain why.
I can’t hit the gym without my iPod. I’ve seriously LEFT the gym when I realized I didn’t have it. I just can’t exercise without listening to music. I get bored and fatigued far too easily and it ends up being a sub-par workout. Totally not worth it.
3. Tell me one international place you’d like to visit and what you’d do there.
I’d love to travel to Greece! I’m half-Greek, and I know I have family that is still there, so I’d love to just explore and perhaps meet some long-lost relatives! Plus, I mean, have you SEEN pictures of Greece?! Holy beautiful!!
4. What’s your favorite book and why?
This is actually a tough one for me! I’m sitting here thinking, “No, Molly, you can’t put down Hunger Games or Twilight.” At least in the recent past, a few of my favorite reads were Unwind and The Kindness of Strangers. (Warning: The Kindness of Strangers is a severely disturbing book. What your read on the jacket cover doesn’t covey that AT ALL).
5. There’s one thing you love most about your job, what is it?
As a personal trainer, I have worked with all sorts of clients. The ones that have touched me the most are those who come in desperately seeking my help. You can tell they feel lost and helpless and just need someone there for them. When I see those people step up, never complaining, always pushing through a workout – it’s just an unbelievable feeling. Sometimes I get more excited than my clients when they go up in weights or have dropped a few body fat percentage points. It’s almost geeky :P
6. What’s one fitness class/program/event you haven’t tried yet but are looking forward to in 2014?
My biggest goals for 2014 are to run a half-marathon and then complete a full-marathon before the year is over. I haven’t run in awhile and I had to do a 1 mile run as part of a Hero WOD for CrossFit the other day and I almost died. Sooooo….I should probably get on that.
7. What’s your favorite social media outlet, outside of your blog, and why?
I really love Instagram. I’m a huge visual person, so I love taking pictures, looking at other people’s pictures etc. I’ve actually connected with a lot of great people via Instagram, too, so it’s been a great networking outlet! I can’t say I post anything particularly good on my account (besides my cats), but hey, A for effort!
Georgie doesn’t like when I ignore her.
8. If you could have a super power, what would it be? Why?
I debate with myself on this exact topic all the time. On one hand, flying would be SO cool and convenient. I’m incredibly impatient and I have your stereotypical Mass-hole road rage. On the other hand, if I was invisible, I could be all sneaky and move stuff around the room and scare the beejesus out of people. You can ask my friend, Sara. I get a lot of enjoyment out of her fear.
9. What is your proudest accomplishment so far, and what’s next?
My senior year of college, I became the Editor-in-Chief of the campus newspaper. When I inherited it, there was no staff, no student written material, we couldn’t put out more than a 8-page paper each week (and it was mostly AP stories) etc. During my tenure at the newspaper, I grew the paper to 20 pages, the sports section was entirely student-written, which hadn’t been in the case in almost 8 years, I had a staff of over 12 and was able to drum up readership/excitement in the paper that had been sorely lacking. My work earned me the Outstanding Senior in Journalism Track award. I look back at the newspaper every now and then, see they are still going strong, and I feel a big sense of pride in that.
10. Cake or ice cream? Or both?
BOTH! No question.
Now for my nominations!
1. Angelena – On Fire Fitness PT
2. Missy – Fit Femmes
3. Amy - The Tiny Terror
4. Mandi - Mandi Gellis
5. Pamela – Wife Mother Runner
6. Melissa – Yoga By Melissa
7. Ilsay – Fitensity!
8. Brandi - Noteworthy Running & Eating
9. Annie – Annie Brees
10. Eryn – A Glimpse Into Eryn’s World
The 10 questions my nominations need to answer are:
1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
2. What is one thing you have on your bucket list that you have yet to complete?
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the cash?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. What is one social media outlet (besides your blog) that you’re always using?
6. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
7. Dinner with a celebrity – dead or alive. Who is it?
8. What is your favorite part of your job?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What do you never leave your house without?
Thank you so much for the nomination and I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers! <3
Question of the day:
What is your proudest accomplishment so far, and why?